Collection: Our counselling practice does not collect your personal information without your express permission. An example of this is if you choose to contact us, we may retain the details you provide to us so that we may continue communication with you.
Storage: Our counselling practice will store the personal information you provide us using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of the personal information.
Retention: Our Counselling will retain the personal information you provide us for as long as you permit us to do so. You may indicate to us at any time your desire for us to discard your personal information by written or email request.
Disclosure: Our Counselling will not disclose the personal information you provide to us unnecessarily to employees or any third party, unless the effected individual consents.
We make the following exceptions:
- If you indicate that you may be a danger to yourself or others
- In the case of apparent or suspected abuse or neglect of child under 16
- If you report sexual abuse on the part of a health care professional.
- If my counsellor's records are subpoenaed by a court of law
- If the records of my counsellor are randomly audited by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
In addition, we use Google Adwords advertising to attract clients, and we collect non-identifying information through Google Analytics to track advertising effectiveness.
Google's privacy statement for Adwords is available here.